Imperial Guard Project - Starting Simple

So I'm doing yet another army using stuff I already had bought and never got around to using. In this case it's an Imperial Guard Infantry list that I've been toying with doing for a while. I bought all the models I thought I would need and then just never got around to assembling any of them...

Though I didn't quite get everything I needed and now I'm unfortunately (still) unemployed so spending a lot of extra money on the project just isn't feasible. So I've decided to use Psyker Battle Squads and couldn't think of a cheap way of doing them.

Then my friend Mike sent me this sketch he'd done of a rough idea he thought might work..

Edit - Flipped sketch so It's the right way up...sorry Mike.


So I thought a rough prototype might be in order.

Front.


Back.


Top.


The pictures aren't brilliant and the prototype took a grand total of 3 minutes to make but they should give you some idea of what I'm aiming for.

I'm going to start painting the Tyranid Project army sometime next week and I'll be assembling Guardsmen in-between.

There's only 150 models in it so it shouldn't take that long....should it?

You have read this article 'Foot' Imperial Guard Project with the title Imperial Guard Project - Starting Simple. You can bookmark this page URL http://llourenzzo-putta.blogspot.com/2010/08/imperial-guard-project-starting-simple.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...