Why I love 5th Ed. 40K


There’s a few posts on the various Blogs I follow talking about this * article on Bell of Lost Souls.

* If you happen to get more than half way through without wanting to hunt down the author and give him a slap then your a far more tolerant person than I.

Kirby’s assessment of it is particularly incisive ;-)

Personally I have found 5th Ed. To be a much tighter rule-set than 4th and was a considerable improvement in all respects.

Here for my own amusement (and what better reason would I need?, It's my blog after all) is a list of my favourite things about 5th Ed. In no particular order.

1) True Line of Sight – Makes everything much simpler. If I can see it and it’s in range I can shoot at it…awesome.

2) Better Rules for Terrain – No infinitely high hills, nice little pictures and charts in the rulebook to explain what’s getting cover and what isn't.

3) No Consolidation into Combat – Annoyed both my Daemons and my Berzerkers at first but I’ve got to admit it solved a lot more problems than it created.

4) Vehicle Damage Tables – No more transported units wiped out by a random penetrating hit and no more destroying on a glancing hit.

5) Wound Allocation – Though occasionally abused by a few units *cough* Nob Bikers *cough* the higher chance of killing Sergeants, Special Weapons and other previously immune upgrades from a unit makes the whole experience a bit more interesting. However, the time I lost my Power Fist Champion just before his unit was about to get charged by a Dreadnought was a bit annoying, but you can’t have everything your own way can you, lol.

6) No Partials – I was never quite happy with the whole 4+ partial hit thing.

7) BS Reducing Scatter Distance – Nice and simple like most damn good ideas.

I suppose traditionally lists like this should go to 10 but to be honest I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Feel free to add your own if you like, I'm off to bed...
You have read this article Thinking out loud with the title Why I love 5th Ed. 40K. You can bookmark this page URL http://llourenzzo-putta.blogspot.com/2010/08/why-i-love-5th-ed-40k.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...