Tyranid Project - Part 4 - Tyrannofex

I've seen a lot of different ideas about how a Tyrannofex should look...

One things for certain it'll be a cold day in hell before I model one anything like the picture in the codex (because it looks like a crab that's carrying a pepper pot around in it's groin area for no apparent reason).

Fortunately the Tyrannofex codex entry has this statement in it

" The precise nature of this weapon is different from creature to creature. Each represents a particular pinnacle of Tyranid bio-weaponry and is efficient as it is unearthly in its design "

Which I have took to mean " Hey GMort, we can't be arsed to release a model for this yet so just do whatever you damn well fucking please "

So I have ;-)

The green stuff needs tidying up and there's still a few armour plates I need to add to hide a few little bits I'm unhappy with but overall I've decided I like it.

TYRANNOFEX, RIGHT SIDE VIEW.


TYRANNOFEX, LEFT SIDE VIEW.


TYRANNOFEX, FRONT VIEW.


TYRANNOFEX, ANGLED VIEW.


I've also built another couple of Hive Guard, I've added another armour plate to cover the head join I wasn't happy with but it looks (from this angle at least) like It needs a bit of green stuff to fill in the gaps.


HIVE GUARD x3.



Thoughts?


You have read this article Modelling Projects / Tyranid Project / Tyranids with the title Tyranid Project - Part 4 - Tyrannofex. You can bookmark this page URL http://llourenzzo-putta.blogspot.com/2010/07/tyranid-project-part-4-tyrannofex.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...