2nd Company Progress - More Bloody Tactical Squads.....

So I managed to complete two more Tactical Squads of the configuration shown here, but I'm afraid only one of them has a fully painted Rhino/Razorback...

As I intend to do all the rest of the Tactical Squads transports as a single 'production line' job this isn't really an issue so I've put them to one side and started tidying up another three squads. For those of you who have been following my attempts to tidy-up some of my early Marines it will come as no surprise that these guys were also badly posed, covered in mould lines and had no detailing whatsoever.

These three units were to be configured like this...


Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 205 pts)
   9 Tactical Squad @ 205 pts (Flamer; Multi-Melta; Rhino)
      1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Bolter)
      1 Rhino (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Storm Bolter)

...for use in various versions of 'Best-Of' Marine lists.


Well they're about half way done now as mould lines have been removed (I'll obviously have missed a couple so I can notice them at a later date and get annoyed), Base colour has been reapplied, Boltgun Metal added to the appropriate places and the shoulder pads have been re-edged. All the metal and the three cloaks have had a coat of Badab Black and as soon as that's dried I'll start on the details.


A few of them also needed sand adding to their bases as apparently I never used to do that all the time either. The two Squads made up of Snap-Fit and/or Badab Black Marines have been distributed between the other units so they didn't look like a bunch of clones.....

Of course the downside to all this is I now have a selection of extra models in configurations that I'm unlikely to need very often,


I'm sure the extra Flamers and Meltaguns will come in useful but I can see the Plasma guys being on the side lines for quite a while. Also I can't see the six former Sergeants/Aspiring Champions armed with Storm/Twin-Linked Bolters and Power Fists going into battle particularly often. The 'Knights of Shibboleth' banner was from the dim and distant past when the Night Reapers were the war-band of the Daemon Prince 'Shibboleth' before I got delusions of grandeur and decided I wanted a Chapter of Marines instead ;-)

Well there you go. I've made some progress and there it is, lol.

Thoughts and Comments are (as usual) most welcome*

*and will probably come as quite a surprise as there's not a lot to comment on really.....
You have read this article 2nd Company Project with the title 2nd Company Progress - More Bloody Tactical Squads...... You can bookmark this page URL http://llourenzzo-putta.blogspot.com/2011/06/2nd-company-progress-more-bloody.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...