The Chosen of the Chaos Gods.
The most hardened, callous and deadly of all Chaos Space Marines.
The Elite of the Elite.
Or Standard Chaos Space Marines with Infiltrate and a few more weapon options depending on whether you believe the 'Fluff' or their codex entry...
What went wrong...well I'll tell you...
1) Chosen should be fucking fearless. None of this 'Oh no one of my rivals has died lets run away' shit.
2) All Chosen should be able to take individual weapon options not just the 5 guys who got to the armoury first.
3) Infiltrate shouldn't be the only thing they're good at, It's nice to have I suppose but they could do with something else as well.
4) They should be better than an ordinary Chaos Space Marine in more than just weapon options.
1) Add Fearless
2) More weapon options like Honour Guard, Wolf Guard Etc. get
3) Lets give them (slightly) more options for deployment.
4) Slight Stat increase (nothing major, just enough to make them a bit more 'Veteran')
Chosen Chaos Space Marines - 20 points each
One unit of Chosen may be taken for each HQ choice selected. This unit does not take up any Force Organisation Chart selections but are otherwise treated as a HQ unit.
Chosen Chaos Space Marine - WS 4, BS 4, S 4, T 4, W 1, A 2, Ld. 10, Save 3+
Aspiring Chaos Lieutenant - WS 5, BS 4, S 4, T 4, W 1, A 3, Ld. 10, Save 3+
Unit Type - Infantry, Number/Squad 5-10
Power Armour, Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades, Close Combat Weapon, Bolter.
Fearless, Veteran of a Thousand Battlefields *
* Veteran of a Thousand Battlefields - The Chosen of Chaos have spent centuries and sometimes millennia honing their battlefield skill and always ensure that they are first to get their pick of the spoils of war, also one does not survive long enough to be called 'Chosen' without knowing exactly the right place and the right time to fight... - Any Chosen unit that does not have a dedicated transport has both the 'Infiltrate' and 'Scout' special rules.
The mantle of Chosen shows more than the usual level of favour in the eyes of their patrons.
Any unit of chosen must select one of the following 'Greater' Marks of Chaos.
Greater Mark of Chaos Undivided: Gains one 're-roll' per game that may be used by the unit for any purpose - Free
Greater Mark of Khorne : +1 WS, +1A, Furious Charge - 40 Points
Greater Mark of Nurgle : +1 T, Feel no Pain, Defensive Grenades - 50 points
Greater Mark of Tzeentch : All 'Chosen' models in the unit gain a 4+ Invulnerable save - 50 points
Greater Mark of Slaanesh : +1 I, Fleet, Defensive Grenades - 35 points
The future Lords of Chaos inevitably start off their careers in the ranks of the chosen.
One model may be upgraded to an Aspiring Chaos Lieutenant for 15 points.
He may take any of the options available to normal chosen. In addition he may replace his close combat weapon with the following.
- Warp Blade (+2S, Power Weapon) - 30 points
Any model may replace his Bolter with
- Twin-Linked Bolter - 3 points per model
- Combi-Flamer, Combi-Melta or Combi-Plasma - 5 points per model
- Flamer - 5 points per model
- Plasmagun - 10 points per model
- Meltagun - 10 points per model
Up to two models may replace their Bolter with
- Heavy Bolter - 5 points per model
- Heavy Flamer - 5 points per model
- Missile Launcher - 10 points per model
- Multi-Melta - 10 points
- Autocannon - 15 points per model
- Plasma Cannon - 20 points per model
- Lascannon - 25 points per model
Any model may replace his Bolt Pistol and/or Close Combat weapon with
- Power Weapon - 15 points
- Power Fist - 25 points
- Lightning Claw - 15 points
- Plasma Pistol - 10 points
Any model may replace his Bolter and Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapon with
- A pair of Lightning Claws - 20 points
Any model may have Meltabombs for 5 points per model.
Any model may have a Personal Icon for 5 points per model
A single model per Chosen unit may carry an Icon or Banner to the Chaos Gods for 25 points. These can take almost any form but all have the following effect - Any friendly model within 12" of the bearer may re-roll failed morale or pinning tests, In addition all enemy units that are within 12" of the banner and have line of sight to it suffer a-1 penalty to all tests that use the Leadership characteristic.
The Squad may have a Dreadclaw, Chaos Rhino or Land Raider Dedicated Transport.
'Scout' and 'Infiltrate' give you a number of deployment options if you don't take a transport and the unit can be configured for any purpose you see fit.
Note : This will probably be the last of the 'Fixing' articles I do for a month or so as I really need to get some 'Hobby' done as unfinished and barely started projects are piling up around me, lol. All the other stuff will still be appearing as normal however.
You have read this article Chaos Space Marines / Fixing C:CSM with the title Fixing C:CSM - Part 12 - Chosen. You can bookmark this page URL http://llourenzzo-putta.blogspot.com/2010/06/fixing-ccsm-part-12-chosen.html. Thanks!