Tyranids???


I fancied doing something a bit different from my normal Marine or Marine(ish) armies. Unfortunately due to still being unemployed this needs to be done on the cheap.

While searching through my pile of shi...I mean stuff I found a Tyranid Assault Brood box set, a Hive Tyrant and a Trygon all boxed and unused. The Trygon was going to be the basis for a Skaven Hellpit Abomination, the rest were bought as presents for me as I was planning on doing a Tyranid army for a change of pace.

Obviously I never got around to it...

This time will be different...hopefully.

So I have available,

1x Tyranid Hive Tyrant
6x Tyranid Warriors
16x Genestealers
32x Tyranid Gaunts
3x Tyranid Carnifex
1x Trygon/Mawloc

After mentioning this in the comments section of a Blog post on YTTH several suggestions were forthcoming about how to turn this into a usable army. For some reason non of them mentioned using the Genestealers...

So the Plan is this.

Convert 2 of the Carnifex into Tervigons and 1 into a Tyrannofex
Convert the 6 warriors into Hive Guard
Use 20 of the Gaunts as Termagants so my Tervigons become Troops.
My HQ will obviously have to be the Hive Tyrant as I have no models as an alternative.
Not sure which variant to make the Mawloc/Trygon as I don't know which will compliment the army best (if at all)

So far that gives me the following,

1750 Pts - Tyranids Roster - What I had lying around Nids

HQ: Hive Tyrant (1#, 195 pts)
1 Hive Tyrant @ 195 pts (Lash Whip & Bonesword x1; Heavy Venom Cannon; Leech Essence; Psychic Scream)

Elite: Hive Guard Brood (2#, 100 pts)
2 Hive Guard Brood @ 100 pts

Elite: Hive Guard Brood (2#, 100 pts)
2 Hive Guard Brood @ 100 pts

Elite: Hive Guard Brood (2#, 100 pts)
2 Hive Guard Brood @ 100 pts

Troops: Tervigon (1#, 190 pts)
1 Tervigon @ 190 pts (Catalyst; Onslaught)

Troops: Tervigon (1#, 190 pts)
1 Tervigon @ 190 pts (Catalyst; Onslaught)

Troops: Termagant Brood (10#, 50 pts)
10 Termagant Brood @ 50 pts

Troops: Termagant Brood (10#, 50 pts)
10 Termagant Brood @ 50 pts

Heavy Support: Tyrannofex (1#, 265 pts)
1 Tyrannofex @ 265 pts (Rupture Cannon)

Heavy Support: Mawloc (1#, 170 pts)
1 Mawloc @ 170 pts

Total Roster Cost: 1410 so far

I obviously need to save the rest of the Gaunts to use as the ones that the Tervigons crap out (My finances can probably stretch to another couple of boxes of these which is going to be necessary I'm sure).

Which means I either have to add every possible upgrade to every unit to reach 1750 or use the Genestealers that everybody tells me are rubbish.

So if anybody reading this knows anything about Nids then I'm open to suggestions.

You have read this article Army Lists / Tyranids with the title Tyranids???. You can bookmark this page URL http://llourenzzo-putta.blogspot.com/2010/06/tyranids_26.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...